Objectives of the Cell
- A dedicated agency to provide an impetus to the growth of the state’s MSMEs & small businesses and foster a vibrant MSME ecosystem in the state.
Some of the activities that will be undertaken by MEANS are:
Key Result Areas
- Act as an implementing agency/ Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) for coordination and acceptance of funds against various key schemes of GoI like Ministry of MSME MSE-CDP scheme, TiES scheme of DPIIT etc.
- Provide advisory services to the Directorate and other state government bodies & departments for initiating programs to support MSMEs & small businesses become competitive
- Establish a governance mechanism to provide direction to the activities of the Directorate and to extend policy advocacy support, whenever required
- Creation and updation of knowledge management system for Directorate and MSMEs, for effective assimilation and dissemination of information
- Preparation of ready project profiles for MSMEs
- Preparation and updating of compendium of MSME schemes (Centre/State)
- Guiding MSMEs & small businesses across various functional areas of the enterprise and linking them to Business Development Service Providers (BDSPs)
- Provide advisory services to Directorate for enabling MSMEs & small businesses meet their workforce requirement (linkages with Saksham portal, etc.)