Objectives of the Cell
- The sectoral cell is primarily involved in governing and managing sector-wise initiatives taken by the Directorate of MSME.
Key Result Areas
- Engage with sector experts and provide policy advocacy to government to launch sector specific programs & schemes
- Provide advisory services on sector specific MSME entrepreneurship development program
- Responsible for planning and development of MSME thrust sectors and identified sunrise sector focussed initiatives and programs
- Publish white papers on sub-sectoral trends, performance & analysis, developments. etc.
- Plan and develop strategies for development of new sector-focussed large-scale parks, industrial hubs, etc, and/ revival of the existing parks & hubs
- Provide advisory services to MSMEs and small businesses for enhancing their business performance
- Coordinate with other central and state ministries and departments such as Ministry of Textiles, Ministry of Food Processing Industries, etc.